Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Reading environment

Sometimes I find it easy to pick up a book wherever, whenever. I don't need a special drink or a certain chair or specific music. On a train, in line, flopped on my couch, sitting outside on a park bench, eating lunch...wherever, whenever. 

Sometimes, environment really enhances the experience. Give me my cozy blanket, a cup of coffee or tea, and some mood music, please. I can curl up and suddenly the day is gone. 

Lately, I'm finding the biggest barrier to how much reading I'm doing is not environment, or even the new Peanut in our house (at least not directly). It's the never ending to-do list, and the feeling that if I have a spare minute I should be "doing" something. But you know what, there's room for everything, and my to-do list will always be there. I just need to remember that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment