Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ode

Today, we interrupt our (not at all) regularly scheduled programming to talk about something that I am currently obsessed with. It's not a t.v. show, it's not a book, it's not a movie, not a web site, not a blog (which reminds me I need to do another blogs-I-like post), not a band....no, but it's something pretty aweseome.

Cereal.

I'm going through what I've decided to term the Season of Cereal. What should I have for breakfast? Cereal. Time for a snack? Cereal. Don't feel like cooking dinner? Cereal.

I tend to go for non-super-sugary cereals, so things like Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Kashi GoLean, Raisin Bran, and Grape Nuts are currently in the rotation. It's like comfort food I don't have to cook. Easy on the tummy, so good at any time of day. A little protein, a little carbs...perfect. Throw some berries or bananas on top...extra perfect.

It's perhaps not the healthiest habbit, but hey, I could be eating ice cream and at least cereal is usually fortified with a few vitamins and has some fiber in there too. I'm sure I'll outgrow this phase soon...or not. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment